Sarah is the owner of EchoLand Bags and loves to design and sew. She loves her two-year-old, coffee, and Jesus.
1. How long have you been sewing?
I learned to sew as a kid, but didn't really revisit it until recently. One of my first projects was this awesome 80's pink lace sleeping bag for my doll. So I guess you could say that bags have been my thing for awhile.
2. What inspires you most?
Inspiration is everywhere!! I am *always* checking out people's purses. It's kind of an obsession. But I love looking at the shapes, sizes, pockets, hardware, etc.
3. What is/are your favorite materials/supplies?
I love outdoor fabric and twill. The heavy and sturdy feel of it gives such great shape to my bags! D-rings are now my friends, too.
4. Do you have a favorite tool?
Mmm...good question. Probably my seam ripper. We have a love/hate relationship.
5. What is your work space like?
I love my work space! It's got a great desk lamp and piles of fabric. I have a bulletin board up to pin colors and pictures and bits of fabric on.
6. When do you find the most time to work?
I work exclusively during my son's naptime.
7. How does your work fit into the rest of your life?
I decribe myself as a Life-Lover, Jesus-Follower, Bag-Designer, so I would say my work has to fit in around my faith and my family :-) And sewing isn't really work to me...I loooove it--more of a self-sustaining hobby :-)
8. How often a week do you get to work?
I sew here and there throughout the week--probably around 5 days a week or so.
9. Do you sell your work? Directly? Indirectly?
I sell my work on my shop at Storenvy. Shameless plug: I looove Storenvy--no fees!!!
10. Do you have a business (on or offline)? Consign?
My business is primarily online, but I do custom orders for friends quite a bit as well.
11. Do you have a website? Blog? Facebook profile or fan page? Myspace? Twitter? Pinterest?
I have an e-commerce shop via Storenvy, Twitter, Facebook, and blog.
12. Where do you feel your work fits in your market? (Do you concentrate on high volume, low volume; do you make multiples or one of a kind only; Walmart or Bergdorf Gelman?)
My work is pretty much exclusively one of a kind. I rarely reorder fabrics because I want everything to stay fresh!
13. What is your favorite part?
The designing and marketing are probably my favorite parts. But I really like sewing and seeing my creations come together!
14. How did you get into sewing?
I love bags and I love fabric. It was a match made in heaven.
Looking for that one of a kind but truly stylish purse, clutch, or tote? Echoland Bags is your place to shop!