Saturday, September 15, 2012

September Product Review - Boye Circular Knitting Loom



This month's review is specifically only for the Boy Circular Knitting Looms, I may at a later date review the rectangular looms or other looms by other manufacturers.

I will say that I am a big fan of Boye's products in general and this one did not disappoint.  I originally received these looms as a gift because the original set was missing a loom because some pieces were broken.  (I did contact the manufacturer and get a replacement set, which I wasn't expecting, however it was a different brand that I didn't particularly care for.)  I have personally used the smallest of the looms most to make a sock puppet in a Loom a Long as well as a tubular scarf.

I find the loom very easy to use and while I'm not the biggest fan of the instructions included (I honestly didn't really use them, rather I searched YouTube and got a book on loom knitting) I think otherwise they are a good buy.

The multiple sizes are nice although I haven't seen much use for the larger two looms, perhaps for cowls or satchels, or the body of a large stuffed animal?  The pegs are also removable which is nice, although again I'm not sure why?  One thing in particular that I do like is the shape of the pegs, as opposed to those of the Knifty Knitter.

I would give the looms a 4 out of 5, merely because the instructions are "okay", and the fragility of the pegs.  As with any tool, rough use limits the life of them so you should be careful not to exert too much tension on the pegs and be careful not to drop them on the pegs which can snap.  Even so, I can't wait to get the rest of the looms offered by Boye!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors