Friday, April 17, 2009

Flute Bag!




Okay, so here we see what happens when you don't pay attention to your stitches, rows, etc. Look at ALL that character :D

Seriously though, this was a huge experiment in just "making" something. I made it so there really wasn't any assembly required. (I don't much care for having to sew crocheted pieces together when you just crochet them all in one piece.

Part of the major design flaw, I mean originality ;) is in that I changed from a single crochet, to a double, to a half double, and the moved around from back loop, to front loop, to both loops. Now if it had been in any set pattern the ribbing would likely be much more evident. But as it is it's not so much unless you handle it.

I opted out of stitching any more of the flap together, since this bag houses a wind instrument and I thought it having a "window" it could look out of would make the flute happy and deter any moisture build up in the mouth piece area as well.

All in all it was a wonderful little "just for me" project and learning experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment