Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Yarn Madness


Nothing like a little inventory to eat up your morning!

Okay so now that I've posted this, I have thought better of it - since the random posting of a link in the blog does look a little out of place. So here's a little backstory about what was going on yesterday morning...

Seeing as how my little one was sick I was grounded for the day with one eye firmly planted on him. Poor thing woke up and got sick very soon afterwards, so I opted for him to stay downstairs with me so I could monitor his actions and notice if he was acting "funny". Needless to say, this meant no ordering or errand running for "work" which though it was a bummer it was necessary.

So I contented my morning (as I had received my "ravelry.com" invitation via email) by browsing among Ravelry and making my page and looking at patterns. And of course stashing my yarn. Needless to say, I didn't realize how much yarn I had and how varied. I personally favor a softer yarns, but not baby soft, like Vanna's Choice by Lion Brand, and I absolutely adore the colors (there is a lovely purple entitled "Eggplant" that is part of my current major project of the 5 1/2 Hour Throw).

Soooo, o.O I finally finished entering yarn after naptime and wanted to show off my handiwork :p it also allows me to show people the yarn I have access to if they want a custom project (however I could also, with adequate description get what one might be looking for).

It's also nice if you see a yarn you *love* to know what it's called, as I recently had a run in where I ran out of a scrap yarn, and couldn't replace it - (not realizing it ahead of time that I wouldn't be able to find it again) and it messed with an order I had to place :(.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors