Thursday, April 23, 2009

To Design or Not To Design...

I know a see many folks who put up patterns as "free" and others who choose to make them "for sale". And while I appreciate the free as much as anyone else, I still do, being an avid crocheter understand why one would put these things up for sale. It's easy as pie to copy a design, and to read directions (although beginning crocheters may notice that this is easier said then done if they are not overly familiar with crochet stitches and the cryptic representations they come out as when in a diagram.)

So as we speak my brain is percolating and I am contemplating the idea of making my own patterns and selling them. This will likely at first not be a prolific endeavor as I have so many that I am already working on so many that I have acquired and wanting to see the outcome of. BUT here and there I do have these random ideas, sometimes variations on originals, sometimes things pieced together (liking this stitch but not the sequence, wanting ribbing, and just plain experimenting with the look of using different loops or posts.)

So if you have any thoughts on this, feel free to leave a comment, I'd love to hear your input.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors