Friday, September 18, 2009

Progress...

It's almost as though it was just yesterday that I was picking up my hook and beginning to crochet again. Forever a lover of handicrafts I remember long ago when I first began to try to crochet. I never really made anything worthwhile, and for the life of me I could not understand the pattern instructions and why all my scarves turned into little triangles (though I'm glad to say I've mastered the art of the turning chain :D ).

But though I started and fiddled with it then I never really got off the ground with it...then years later I picked it up, understanding a little better some of my earlier mistakes, but again, my affair with crochet was short lived - in favor of other things...

Years upon years later I now sit before you 24 and the proud owner of my own business and a healing center. My love of handicrafts has again led me down the path to meet with my old lover, crochet. But this time we have stuck together the whole way through. Now all those seemingly cryptological abbreviations and directions suddenly make sense (although I'm sure it has something to do with me actually doing research and reading the directions, lol o our impatient youth!) I am constantly making everything I can, and at times dreaming up my own designs.

It seems as though I've come so far, for it was just January of this year that I finally avidly started my "pipe dream" business. It'd long been in the workings of my mind, my logical side desperately trying to plan everything just right before embarking - but I decided this time to give in to my creative side, to hell with the planning and just go for it...and here I am 9 months later after much gestation, giving birth to my ideas beautiful and loved...

It's funny how this all comes about, though we may not see it or plan for it, or even consider that anything of the sort could come our way - it does and we are amazed at the results we receive...

So a big hip hip hoorah to all of those who have purchased from me and all of those who will!

A gracious and deep thank you to the Universe and myself for manifesting my desires and dreaming these bright, beautiful dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors