Saturday, December 26, 2009

My Ugh-ly Afhghan - Part 1

For some reason I learned many other things before learning to make a granny square in crochet. I'm not sure why, as it's one of the most basic things there is in the craft, and the concept of making motifs and putting them together is one of the other basics of the craft.

So I decided to do some stash busting of some hideous hand me down yarns, namely some Red Heart Acrylic, in Lavender, Emerald Green, a Bright Sun Yellow, and some left over Impeccable Worsted in a super dark Navy Blue.

Perhaps had I not added the navy blue, it might have been visually tolerable. As it is it's a little much. But that's the point of this project, it's not meant to be "pretty" so much as an experimentation.

Part 1: Making the Squares...Thus far we have 1 solid colored, 4 round Granny square of each color. And we have started on the 2-colored ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors